[CentOS] kernel memory accounting

Wensheng Deng wd35 at nyu.edu
Sat Mar 11 14:30:18 UTC 2017

Thank you! With 'cp' the job was killed. There was error message:
Mar 10 09:50:04  kernel: SLUB: Unable to allocate memory on node -1
(gfp=0x8020)
Mar 10 09:50:04  kernel:  cache: kmalloc-64(5:step_0), object size: 64,
buffer size: 64, default order: 0, min order: 0
Mar 10 09:50:04  kernel:  node 0: slabs: 4, objs: 256, free: 0
Mar 10 09:50:04  kernel:  node 1: slabs: 0, objs: 0, free: 0

When I replaced the cp command with 'dd bs=4M iflag=direct oflag=direct
...', the file copying ran happily to completion.