[CentOS] Problem getting ssh agent forwarding to work

rainer at ultra-secure.de

Tue Mar 14 09:23:40 UTC 2017

Hi,

I need to get agent-forwarding working.

I have:
  - a local OpenSUSE 42.1 box, where my key(s) reside (ssh agent running
and working)
  - a remote FreeBSD 10.3 box, where I can login with my key (works)
  - from the FreeBSD box, I need to get to a CentOS 7 box (without
entering a password - does not work)

On the FreeBSD box, I can see my keys, when I type ssh-add -l

I've enabled ssh agent forwarding locally and on the FreeBSD server (in
sshd and ssh config).
I've enabled ssh agent forwarding on the CentOS server

[root at centos7-server ~]# grep Agent /etc/ssh/sshd_config
AllowAgentForwarding yes

My public key resides in the authorized_key file on the CentOS server.

Still, I get a password-prompt.

(I've disabled SELinux).

I admit I never use agent-forwarding (I just don't need it).

I set a password on the account and when I enter that password, I can
login. So, it shouldn't a problem with the account per-se.