[CentOS] Processing Conflict: speexdsp-1.2-0.9.rc3.el6.x86_64

James B. Byrne

byrnejb at harte-lyne.ca
Tue Mar 14 15:08:22 UTC 2017

Processing Conflict: speexdsp-1.2-0.9.rc3.el6.x86_64 conflicts speex
<= 1.2-0.21.rc1

I am loath to replace things on my primary workstation as I have far
too much to do as it is without dealing with self-inflicted injuries.
However, I do use Jitsi as a softphone and the latest version has a
dependency on a package in EPEL which replaces something from the base
distro.

Can someone inform me of what issues, if any, would replacing speex
with speexdsp likely cause?  I have a lot of packages that depend upon
speex. Installing speexdsp by itself seems to indicate that it is not
considered an upgrade or replacement for speex.  One just conflicts
with the other.

Canada  L8E 3C3