[CentOS] kernel 2.6.32-642.15.1.el6.x86_6

m.roth at 5-cent.us

Wed Mar 15 17:25:40 UTC 2017

Folks,

   There's some kind of bug here, esp. with this kernel. We've got a cron
yum update, and it fails, repeatably, un multiple machines. We reboot
to the previous kernel, it comes up, we do a reinstall of the kernel
modules, and everything's fine.

   I was thinking it was with yum, but the admin I work with says it
happened today on some with no exlude=kernel\* in yum.conf. My
manager's thinking that the initramfs isn't being rebuilt.

   Have other folks seen this?  Not sure if the other admin's tested it on
one of our upstream boxen.

       mark