[CentOS] upgrading Mysql 5.0.95

Mark Weaver mweaver at compinfosystems.com
Sun Mar 19 20:45:12 UTC 2017

On 03/19/2017 01:06 PM, Robert Nichols wrote:
> On 03/19/2017 07:32 AM, Mark Weaver wrote:
>> I'm getting things ready to upgrade my aging installation of MySQL
>> 5.0.95 on my CentOS 5 LAMP server. With the impending EOL date of 3.31
>> fast approaching my sense of doom and urgency is increasing.
>
> Packages don't disappear after 3/31. They just get moved to
> vault.centos.org, where they will remain, never to be updated again.
> Heck, you can still get CentOS 2.1 packages from there.
>
> --
> Bob Nichols "NOSPAM" is really part of my email address.
> Do NOT delete it.

It's ok... its all a mute point because earlier today I did everything
in true linux tradition: I fixed it until I broke it and I broke it but
good. MySQL no longer runs on that LAMP server. Now it's just a LA_P
server. :-) and doing a fine job running Sendmail I might add.

I've just had to move all the databases over to the host I'm migrating
to a little earlier than I'd planned.

Mark