[CentOS] RHEL 6.9 is out

Johnny Hughes johnny at centos.org
Wed Mar 22 21:31:54 UTC 2017

On 03/22/2017 08:27 AM, Phelps, Matthew wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 22, 2017 at 9:16 AM, Valeri Galtsev <galtsev at kicp.uchicago.edu>
> wrote:
>

>> On Wed, March 22, 2017 7:46 am, Phelps, Matthew wrote:
>>> Red Hat released RHEL 6.9 yesterday.
>>>
>>> Why isn't CentOS 6.9 out yet? :)
>>>
>> Somebody has to do a hard work, I'm sure. Thanks, guys for the great work
>> you are doing!
>>
>> Or you as sysadmin know that and just being ironic?
>>
>> Valeri
>>

> To be clear, I was being ironic. Hence the smiley face.
>
> I just wanted to start a thread for future updates to appear in.

There are 270 SRPMs that need to be built .. of those 18 require
modification for branding.  All the mods have been applied and a build
consisting of those 270 SRPMs has been queued.

As of right now (time of writing this mail), we are still building in
pass 1 .. so far 236 of the 270 SRPMs have tried to build, 15 have had
some sort of failure and the rest have built fine.

Working right now to figure out the failures and will resubmit those
once the first pass of all 270 completes.

Thanks,
Johnny Hughes