[CentOS] firewalld management on a headless server

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Tue Mar 28 03:15:09 UTC 2017

On 03/27/2017 09:23 PM, Mike wrote:
> Webmin used to be considered insecure, and people would scream and yell if
> you suggested using it. Has that changed?
>
>        mark
>

> Ahh, I did not know of this.
> Well, I'm back to suggesting OP take a little time and get comfortable with
> firewall-cmd in the terminal. If we want our solid redhat clone then
> systemd, NetworkManager, and firewalld are soldered into the foreseeable
> future.

I am a bit familiar with firewall-cmd, but need to learn more.  But I am
looking out to other functions and management.  I am looking at
multi-function devices and such.  So I would like something beyond cli
for the interface.

Wild thought.  a php-firewall package with the policy in MariaDB  :)

Then I can tie it into RESTCOMF and I2NSF.  Got to talk to some people
here at IETF tomorrow...

But I will look again at webmin.  Use to use it a lot.