[CentOS] Sendmail is considered deprecated

Kenneth Porter shiva at sewingwitch.com
Fri Mar 31 22:27:19 UTC 2017

On 3/31/2017 2:46 PM, Alice Wonder wrote:
> I don't know about MIMEDefang but SpamAssassin and ClamAV are pretty
> straight forward. There are guides for both with Postfix all over the
> net.
>
> MIMEDefang I have not heard of, but unless it does something really
> funky I suspect it also is easy to set up with Postfix.

 From the MIMEDefang website:

> MIMEDefang is an e-mail filtering tool that works with the Sendmail
> "Milter" library. MIMEDefang lets you express your filtering policies
> in Perl rather than C, making it quick and easy to filter or
> manipulate your mail.

It will detect a SpamAssassin and ClamAV installation and invoke it
site-wide, rejecting virii and extreme spam before it gets to the
delivery agent (eg. procmail), quarantining it for administrative review
and sending a quarantine notification to the recipient.

http://mimedefang.org/

Reading around, it looks like Postfix supports milters and people have
gotten MD working with it.

---