[CentOS] OT: hardware: blackmagic video capture cards

Thu Mar 16 18:12:54 UTC 2017

Hi, folks,

   I'm still trying to find a video capture card that won't crash Dell
servers, and ran across a Blackmagic BDLKDUO2 DeckLink Duo 2. It claims
to support Linux. I'm also seeing, in the few non-Blabkmagic or sales
pages I can find, that they like "binary blobs". I also haven't been
able to find anything about o/s or library requirements.

   Has anyone run across these cards, or know anything at all about them?
All we're doing with them is running a few video cameras in for
surveillance of our secure rooms, no audio, nothing fancy, with the
motion package reading the input.

      mark