[CentOS] Disabling Firewall/iptables on CentOS 7??

Wed Mar 22 23:56:03 UTC 2017
James Pifer <jep at obrien-pifer.com>

I apologize if this has been asked and answered, but I googled and
attempted things for several hours today without success.

I have a freshly installed CentOS 7 system that I'd like to disable the
firewall and all iptables rules. Basically the equivalent of doing
iptables -F

In a nutshell I've tried the following commands, in many different ways
and orders, but when the system restarts it still seems to end up with
some form of default rules. It even has a couple rules specifying
192.168.122.0 and I can't figure out where it's coming from.

#Disable Firewall
systemctl stop firewalld
systemctl disable firewalld
rm '/etc/systemd/system/dbus-org.fedoraproject.FirewallD1.service'
rm '/etc/systemd/system/basic.target.wants/firewalld.service'
systemctl disable firewalld
systemctl stop firewalld
iptables --flush
iptables --list