[CentOS] Lenovo M900 with CentOS 7 strangeness

Thu Mar 2 22:21:46 UTC 2017
Walter Dnes <waltdnes at waltdnes.org>

On Wed, Mar 01, 2017 at 05:55:21PM +0100, SZ, Zsolt wrote
> Hello,
>
> I would like to install CentOS 7.3 on my new Lenovo M900 machine. I am
> using the official 1 DVD installer. The installation process was fine
> without any error but after reboot the USB keyboard and the USB mouse did
> not work. Therefore I was not able to type anything or pass the first boot
> screen. Only the power button is working.
>
> Any idea why? I believe the installation media is using the same kernel
> components as the installed machine. So why the installer is working and
> the installed system is not?

  Did you disable UHCI (low speed) USB support during the install?  USB
keyboards and mice use that protocol on Intel and Via USB chipsets.
There's also an OHCI (low speed) USB driver for non-x86 chipsets.

--
Walter Dnes <waltdnes at waltdnes.org>