[CentOS] imaging a drive with dd

Fri Mar 3 18:21:49 UTC 2017

On 03/03/2017 12:31 PM, Styma, Robert (Nokia - US) wrote:

> On 3/3/2017 5:34 AM, Robert Moskowitz wrote:
>> Well, I only wanted to copy the used part of the drive which I try to
>> keep small so I can still copy the image to an mSD card if I wish.  So
>> I have to supply the amount of the drive to copy.  The bs=512 went
>> fast enough, but then I was only copying 3.2GB.
>>
>> thanks for the help.
> Have you considered looking at Clonezilla?  It does a nice job of imaging a disk and only saves the used part.  It creates an image which can be restored and is bootable.

I have a Pogoplug (armv5) running Redsleeve 7 with a 2TB drive to back
up to.

AFTER I get my new mailserver working.

Which probably won't be until either someone builds php-imap for armv7,
or I figure out how to get build or mock installed (both of which had
failed dependencies) and do it myself.

BTW, here is my Cubieboard2 'rack'.  I should also put up my CubieTruck...

http://medon.htt-consult.com/~rgm/cubieboard/cubietower-3.JPG

Medon is the top one in the stack.