[CentOS] Up to date guide/information Sendmail SMTP Auth

Wed Mar 8 16:40:29 UTC 2017

On 03/08/2017 10:41 AM, Mark Weaver wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I've been googling my brains out since yesterday looking for
> up-to-date information on this matter, and have found information that
> is anywhere from 15 to 5 years old. I'd really like some information
> that much more up to date on the subject. Specifically configuring
> Sendmail SMTP authentication (_no smart host stuff_).
>
> I've got Sendmail 8.14 installed on a CentOS 7.3 server. Also installed:
>
> - Cyrus-sasl
> - Dovecot
> - Openssl
>
> Essentially everything I need except the working knowledge for the
> process. If someone knows where I might locate this information it
> would be greatly appreciated.

Do you need Cyrus-sasl anymore?  Dovecot now comes with its own sasl.

I am working up a
C7-Postfix/MYsql/Postfixadmin/Dovecot/Roundcube/Amavis-clamav howto.

So, sorry, I switched from Sendmail to Postfix some 6+ years ago.

I am actually doing this on Centos7-amrv7hl, but it will work on all C7
arches.  It will take me a couple more weeks to finish, but will share
with anyone that wants it now or more wants to help.