[CentOS] Missing something else - pidgin-sipe

Tue Mar 14 16:57:24 UTC 2017
Fred Smith <fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us>

On Tue, Mar 14, 2017 at 12:01:35PM -0400, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:
> I installed pidgin-sipe, since my googling seemed to suggest it would give
> me connectivity with Lync. I now see the SIMPLE protocol... but not Office
> Communicator. What am I missing here?
>
> CentOS 7, updated.
>
>          mark

dunno. At one point I did have it working, but I recall it took a
whole LOT of head-banging to get there.

then my employer switched over to outlook in the cloud and I've not
been able to make it work since. despite further head-banging.

I've gone so far as to build my own pidgin-sipe in an attempt to get
the exact version needed, but to no avail. I subsequently gave up
and use "skype for business" like my employer wants us to use.

                         God made him who had no sin
                      to be sin for us, so that in him
                 we might become the righteousness of God."