[CentOS] laptop editing

Fri Mar 17 04:08:49 UTC 2017
John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com>

On 3/16/2017 8:20 PM, ken wrote:
> Not true.  Last year I got an HP Envy 17 (and it's still being sold)
> and it has a DVD r+w.  This can't be the only laptop being sold with
> an optical drive.

the majority of newer laptops are going for a slimline ultralight design
emphasizing their primary design as being portable.   17" laptops are
not that portable or convenient to setup anywhere but on a large clear
table.

optical disk is rapidly going the way of the floppy disk, obsolete.
when even a DVD-Rom has no more than 4GB on it, while a thumbnail sized
USB stick can be 64GB or larger, and is faster (at least on USB3)...