[CentOS] laptop editing

Fri Mar 17 17:10:47 UTC 2017
Michael Hennebry <hennebry at web.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu>

On Thu, 16 Mar 2017, John R Pierce wrote:

> DD the CentOS ISO onto a USB stick.   boot from USB, format HD with anaconda,
> install as desired, done.

Thanks.
More or less the answer I was hoping for.
My recollection had been that even when possible,
booting from USB involved black magic.
This helped:
Pete Biggs <pete at biggs.org.uk>
> Some do, some don't. They all come with USB ports though.
>
>   https://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/InstallFromUSBkey

I have a bunch of SD cards and a interface.

This should work:
download CentOS iso
dd it to an SD card through USB interface (as the entire volume, not to a file)
plug in SD card to USB port on laptop
turn on laptop
hit <escape>/<delete>/<F666>/<whatever> to get to BIOS
tell BIOS to boot from USB
follow instructions

Correct?

Will it still work if it has UEFI?

Michael hennebry at web.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu
"SCSI is NOT magic. There are *fundamental technical
reasons* why it is necessary to sacrifice a young
goat to your SCSI chain now and then."   --   John Woods

"Sorry but your password must contain an uppercase letter, a number,
a haiku, a gang sign, a heiroglyph, and the blood of a virgin."
                                                              --  someeecards