[CentOS] PXE vmlinuz kernel doesn't recognize memory in Intel NUC?

Fri Mar 17 17:35:54 UTC 2017
Locane <locane at gmail.com>

Bruce, thanks for the reply - I don't think so.  The image works fine on
every other supermicro server we've ever used, and continues to do so,
except for the NUC.

Using the mem= kernel parameter gets the NUC further in the boot process,
but then it complains about the squashfs error (for the same working image
everywhere else).  The mem= kernel parameter also breaks other
normally-working systems, so that's why I'm trying to either:

1. Fix the mem= kernel parameter, somehow
or
2. Get the vmlinuz initial kernel to recognize the memory in the NUC,
somehow