[CentOS] Anyone ever gotten Solaris to install from a CentOS PXE server?

Fri Mar 17 18:23:17 UTC 2017
John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com>

On 3/17/2017 11:09 AM, Locane wrote:
> I'm poking through Solaris documentation trying to figure out how to make
> it installable via our PXE server and, as with many things Solaris, I'm
> hitting walls of completely foreign procedures and setups.
>
> Has anyone managed to do this before?  I'm trying to set Solaris 11.3 up.

A) Solaris is not even remotely CentOS

B) Last time I did network installs of Solaris (which was Solaris 9 and
10), it used a completely different setup, involving a RARP server
(reverse ARP) rather then DHCP/bootp, and a bootparamd(?) server to
specify the configuration, instead of DHCP PXE options.   It then used
tftp and NFS to fetch the boot image and OS installation stuff, per the
recipe in bootparamd.   Look up documentation on Solaris Jumpstart for
the specifics.   Setup correctly, its completely hands off, and was
designed to support diskless workstations.