[CentOS] upgrading Mysql 5.0.95

Sun Mar 19 14:24:27 UTC 2017
Mark Weaver <mweaver at compinfosystems.com>

On 03/19/2017 10:00 AM, Jonathan Billings wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 19, 2017 at 08:32:38AM -0400, Mark Weaver wrote:
>> I'm getting things ready to upgrade my aging installation of MySQL
>> 5.0.95 on my CentOS 5 LAMP server. With the impending EOL date of 3.31
>> fast approaching my sense of doom and urgency is increasing.
>
> It isn't clear to me, but are you migrating away from CentOS 5 as part
> of this MySQL update?

Heavens no... I love my CentOS 5 server. I going to try and keep it
around as long as possible. I've got another machine in the rack that
I've got CentOS 7 installed on, but there are differences in that OS and
the items running on it that I don't like at all. SELinux comes to mind...

No, I definitely have plans on running CentOS5 for while long. Mostly
because there's an issue with one of the web apps I'm running on my C5
server that is having problems running correctly on C7. I haven't
figured out why yet.