[CentOS] Centos7 USB wifi recommendation

Tue Mar 21 05:02:31 UTC 2017
Arun Khan <knura9 at gmail.com>

On Tue, Mar 21, 2017 at 5:39 AM, Robert Moskowitz <rgm at htt-consult.com> wrote:
> I am looking for one of those very small USB wifi adapters for the server I
> am working on.  I am tired of dealing with the 4" long TP-LINK I have and
> for my purposes, one of those little 1cm ones would do.  But which work with
> Linux?  When I was last in the store, only the TP-LINK said it was supported
> on Linux...

Most of the 1cm WiFi dongles have a Realtek chip.  The rtl819x
supports quite a few Realtek WiFi chipset
(https://wireless.wiki.kernel.org/en/users/drivers/rtl819x).
I have bought a few on eBay for a couple of bucks each and they worked
out fine.   The device is activated when plugged into an USB port
(ifconfig -a).

HTH
-- Arun Khan