[CentOS] Disabling Firewall/iptables on CentOS 7??

Fri Mar 24 07:16:34 UTC 2017
Łukasz Posadowski <mail at lukaszposadowski.pl>

Data Wed, 22 Mar 2017 19:56:03 -0400
James Pifer <jep at obrien-pifer.com> wrote:

> I apologize if this has been asked and answered, but I googled and
> attempted things for several hours today without success.

Iptables isn't used by default, at least not directly. Easiest way to
do dosable firewall is:
# systemctl mask firewalld
and restart the machine.

192.168.122. subnet is something for libvirt and KVM. I have it
completely disabled on my locals and VPSes without any problem.

If You write specific rules in /etc/sysconfig/iptables
and /etc/sysconfig/ip6tables, with
-F
-X
-P INPUT DROP
at the beginning, any trace of 192.168.122 will be gone. Here's mine
ipv4 rules for my local machines:
------------------------
*filter
-F
-X
-P INPUT DROP
-A INPUT -s 0/0 -m state --state RELATED,ESTABLISHED -j ACCEPT

# localhost
-A INPUT -i lo -j ACCEPT

# ping
-A INPUT -p icmp -j ACCEPT

# ssh
-A INPUT -s 192.168.234.0/24 -p tcp --dport 22 -j ACCEPT

COMMIT

--
Łukasz Posadowski