[CentOS] Sendmail is considered deprecated

Fri Mar 31 21:15:31 UTC 2017

On Fri, March 31, 2017 3:57 pm, Xinhuan Zheng wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Today I searched redhat official portal and learned that Sendmail is
> considered deprecated. By default, CentOS 7 will use postfix as MTA.

That was an excellent decision I welcomed the day RedHat made it.
Beginning with my firat RedHat (it was somewhere around RedHat 5 IIRC) I
always have been replacing venerable sendmail with postfix.

> need good advise on what it means to us. We are CentOS customers. We use
> that operating system for quite a few years. We rely on Sendmail for years
> for us to relay large quantity of emails to our customers for marketing
> purpose.

Well, it sounds like you are one of the companies with whose effort I have
to fight constantly in my own effort to protect our users from spam...

Valeri