[CentOS] Sendmail is considered deprecated

Fri Mar 31 21:57:13 UTC 2017

On Fri, March 31, 2017 4:46 pm, Alice Wonder wrote:
> On 03/31/2017 02:40 PM, Kenneth Porter wrote:
>> On 3/31/2017 2:15 PM, Valeri Galtsev wrote:
>>> Well, it sounds like you are one of the companies with whose effort I
>>> have
>>> to fight constantly in my own effort to protect our users from spam...
>>
>> What makes Postfix superior in fighting spam?

I actually made two independent statements:

1. That I use postfix forever (postfix was written by Wietse Venema with
security in mind).

2. That the company the OP works for judging from my reading of OP's post
makes money by facilitating the creation of spam (by their customers).

By no means I meant to say posfix is superior to sendmail in fighting
spam. Neither of them is designed for fighting spam, each of them is
merely MTA. Postfix, however, having human readable configs with rather
logical logics makes it easier (for me) to administer, therefore easier
(for me again) to integrate with anti-spam components (amavisd,
spamassassin, clamav - the last to scan for viruses - or rather virii I
should say as that is plural of latin word ;-)

Just my $0.02.

Valeri