[CentOS] package internet-browser?

Kay Schenk kay.schenk at gmail.com
Tue May 2 15:23:17 UTC 2017

On 05/01/2017 06:10 PM, Jonathan Billings wrote:
> On May 1, 2017, at 1:33 PM, Kay Schenk <kay.schenk at gmail.com> wrote:
>> What can anyone tell me about package internet-browser?
>>
>> Through the gnome package app, there seems to be NO meta info????
>
> I can’t find any packages called 'internet-browser’ for CentOS6 or 7, in either the base repos or EPEL. pkgs.org doesn’t know about it either.
>
> Do you have any extra repositories added?

Yes, but...this ONLY shows up through the gnome package kit app --
gpk-application. It does NPT show up either through the yum repos or
rpm. Is it some kind of system alias? It's 128.9 MB.

Yesterday, when I was having so much trouble with the latest FF 52, I
uninstalled internet-browser thing which also uninstalled FF 52. OK, all
good. I cleared my yum cache, then re-installed FF 45. This item came
back through gpk-application. Rather confused at this point.

I'm on CentOS 6.9, 32 bit.