[CentOS] how to use intel-gpu-tools

ken gebser at mousecar.com
Sat May 6 13:09:53 UTC 2017

On 05/06/2017 04:37 AM, qw wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I use ffmpeg with Intel QSV to transcode some sample clips. And I want to monitor Intel GPU usage. I found intel-gpu-tools in centos 7.
>

> Can intel-gpu-tools monitor Intel GPU usage? how to use it?
>

> Thanks!
>

> Regards
>

> Andrew

Andrew,

intel-gpu-tools is a set of different tools, also the name of the
package.  To list the executable utilities in that package, do "rpm -ql
intel-gpu-tools".  This same listing will also show a manpage for each
one, along with documentation under
/usr/share/gtk-doc/html/intel-gpu-tools/.

I don't know what sort of gpu monitoring you want to do, but you might
also want to look into "vmstat" and "gkrellm"... also in the /proc
filesystem.

hth