[CentOS] Centos 7 Samba - all shares read only

Jose Maria Terry Jimenez jtj at tssystems.net
Mon May 8 11:50:44 UTC 2017

El 8/5/17 a las 13:32, Gary Stainburn escribió:
> I have run the following commands for each share, to ensure that group
> permissions are are:
>

> find . -type d -exec chmod 770 {} \;
> find . -type f -exec chmod 660 {} \;
>
> I can now create and delete files and folders using windows explorer. I can
> also create a new blank spreadsheet in Excel and save it to the share.
> However, when I then open that file in Excel again it comes up as Read Only.
>
> Again, I can delete the spreadsheet using Windows Explorer
>
> What I don't understand, apart from why the system is behaving like this, is
> what has changed that stopped it from working in the first place.

Did you tried something like:

create mask = 0764

and

directory mode = 0775

For folders

In the share setup?

Under which user/group are the files created? (i mean, once created, in
the shared folder in Linux, what the user and group are?

Also something like:

force group = smbusers (or anything else you want)

May help (add the users to that group)

Best,