[CentOS] Thunderbird Regression

Mark LaPierre

marklapier at gmail.com
Thu May 11 03:16:50 UTC 2017

Has anyone else noticed a 10X slowing of the time it takes Thunderbird
to load an email that contains graphics on CentOS 6?  The last
Thunderbird update moved us from Thunderbird 45 to Thunderbird 52.

While Thunderbird was loading the images the hard drive was busy
cranking out seeks.  I have all my local home accounts mounted on a
software raid.

I solved the problem with a downgrade to Thunderbird 45, but that's a
poor solution not keeping Thunderbird up to date with the latest
security patches.

--
    _
   °v°