[CentOS] Mini PCs

wwp subscript at free.fr
Mon May 15 07:53:44 UTC 2017

Hello Walter,

On Mon, 15 May 2017 09:22:54 +0200 "Walter H." <walter.h at mathemainzel.info> wrote:

> On Sun, May 14, 2017 11:00, wwp wrote:
> > On Sat, 13 May 2017 13:08:17 +0200 "Walter H."
> > <Walter.H at mathemainzel.info> wrote:

> >> I would take something similar to this:
> >> https://www.zotac.com/product/mini_pcs/zbox-ci323-nano
> >> (for this zbox I can tell you, that it works with CentOS, as I have one
> >> configured as firewall/router)
> >
> > This might become off-topic with my reply, but I'm curious: is there
> > any specific software you're running from CentOS on your zbox in order
> > to manage the rooter features?
> SSH?

I think I've been unclear, sorry about that! I wanted to ask if you use
something, any helper installed on this rooter box, on top of
firewalld/iptables, in order to setup and administrate the NAT/rooting
(and eventually proxy) rules?

> > I currently use, between my xDSL box and my LAN machines, an ATX-format
> > box running a pretty old GNU/Linux system with a Jay's Firewall setup
> > but I'd like to replace it w/ a fanless small barebone like the Zotac
> > CI327: ...
> this zbox has in comparison to the CI323 a different CPU, which I don't
> know if this is supported by CentOS
> (I didn't mention, that I use CentOS 6 ...)

That's a good point to check, you're right, support for this CPU in
either CentOS6 or 7.

Regards,

--
wwp