[CentOS] plymouth themes problem

Fred Smith

fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us
Mon May 15 15:49:33 UTC 2017

Hi all!

I was playing with plymouth themes on a c7 box. I found a page on
redhat, in their rhel7 documentation that describes how to change to
a different plymouth screen:

plymouth-set-default-theme --list
to find out what themes are installed.

then I installed the remaining bunch the yum had available.

so then installing one by doing

plymouth-set-default-theme <theme name>
dracut -f

as documented on the aforementioned page, followed by a reboot
produces NO plymouth splash screen. not even if I revert to the
system default theme (the "charge" theme).

Anybody know what I'm overlooking here?

thanks!

Fred
                    The Lord detests the way of the wicked