[CentOS] What's Next

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Wed May 17 22:54:45 UTC 2017

On 17/05/17 04:34, Eugene Poole wrote:
> OK, AMD has announced it's new line of server and desktop processors.
> What level of CentOS has been tested on them? OK then, when will CentOS
> be tested on them? Or do we wait for Red Hat?

off the wire, I've had lots of positive reports from the new AMD chips
running CentOS Linux 7. So my question to you would be, were you able to
track down a specific problem ? or are you looking for more general
feedback.

If its the later, then yes, CentOS Linux 7/x86_64 works fine out of the
box with these new chips. You might want to do your own benchmarks for
interfaces and components eg. pci bus etc.

--
Karanbir Singh