[CentOS] CentOS 6.8 and samba

Gordon Messmer gordon.messmer at gmail.com
Sun May 21 19:51:50 UTC 2017

On 05/20/2017 06:10 PM, Adam Tauno Williams wrote:
> Six months later, now on CentOS6.9, we still see the same issue -
> constantly logging this message.  Server packages are all up-to-date.
>
> I find multiple reports on the Internet - but no solutions.

The bug report mentioned in the message you replied to indicates that
the problem was fixed in samba's master branch with this commit:

https://git.samba.org/?p=samba.git;a=commit;h=4d5680e9ae531c6dc4d0a6687abe6293b5d4f4f2

That change isn't included in samba 4.4, distributed in RHEL 7 (nor 4.2
in RHEL 6), so you'll probably need to patch the software yourself, or
wait for a 4.5 or newer package (which won't happen before the next
point release, which is probably ~6 months away). If you're a customer,
you can also file a bug report and request that specific patch be
reviewed as an enhancement for a future release.