[CentOS] more recent perl version?

Warren Young warren at etr-usa.com
Wed May 24 16:01:59 UTC 2017

On May 24, 2017, at 9:38 AM, hw <hw at gc-24.de> wrote:

> Warren Young schrieb:
>> On May 24, 2017, at 7:05 AM, hw <hw at gc-24.de> wrote:
>>> apache uses mod_perl
>>
>> mod_perl was dropped from Apache in 2.4, and Red Hat followed suit with RHEL 7.
>
> What is it using instead?

There are various options.  We use mod_fcgid + Plack here.

And atop that, Dancer, if you care.  http://perldancer.org/  Join me on the Dancer ML if you want to talk further about it.

>> I hope this does not strike you as inconsistent with respect to my prior posts, since that would be to construct a false equivalence between abandoned software and maintained stable software that is getting no new features.
>
> Not at all --- the point is that software usually becomes abandoned
> once a more recent version becomes available.

And that’s what we keep trying to tell you: in the RHEL/CentOS world, that simply is not the case, because there is a multibillion-dollar entity ensuring that it is not so.

All hail the benefactors!