[CentOS] more recent perl version?

Warren Young warren at etr-usa.com
Wed May 24 20:07:36 UTC 2017

On May 24, 2017, at 1:58 PM, hw <hw at gc-24.de> wrote:

> It seems that lighttpd uses the perl version that is assigned in
> the configuration

This is one of the advantages of Plack vs mod_perl, by the way: decoupling the Perl version from the web server version.

> while ignoring the LIBRARY_PATH variable set with mod_setenv

Are you certain you don’t mean LD_LIBRARY_PATH here?

    https://stackoverflow.com/questions/4250624/

> Even with a shell script as wrapper that sets and exports LIBRARY_PATH,
> perl can not find the library.  Trying to set LIBRARY_PATH for lighttpd
> through systemd also doesnīt work.

Beware that some layers of the OS actively redefine LD_LIBRARY_PATH in order to avoid security exploits.  I wouldn’t be surprised if systemd did that in some cases, for good cause.