[CentOS] What is in a yum group

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Wed May 24 22:18:44 UTC 2017

On 05/24/2017 06:07 PM, Scott Gennari wrote:

> On 5/24/2017 5:59 PM, Robert Moskowitz wrote:
>> yum group info Xfce
> Group: Xfce
>  Group-Id: xfce-desktop
> end machines.
>  Mandatory Packages:
>    +Thunar
>    +xfce-utils

Thanks.  Much different output than I got from Fedora.  What are all
those + in front of each line?

the recommendation on how to feed a list into yum from:

https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/47304/centos-install-packages-listed-in-a-text-file

yum -y install $(cat filename cat | tr '\n' ' ')

Will need a bit more editing of the list than just removing the first lines!

hmm. but that seems like an error with 'cat filename cat'  ??