[CentOS] Missing rpms - Re: What is in a yum group

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Thu May 25 13:27:15 UTC 2017

On 05/25/2017 08:32 AM, Leon Fauster wrote:
>> Am 25.05.2017 um 14:20 schrieb Robert Moskowitz <rgm at htt-consult.com>:
>>
>> I seem to be missing some important rpms, even when I enable the clearos-centos.repo which is suppose to include all of the centos rpms not customized by clearos.
>>
>> How can I check out if centos7-x64 has these missing rpms:
> http://mirror.centos.org/centos/

Thanks.  I followed this to:
http://mirror.centos.org/centos/7/os/x86_64/Packages/

And could not find any of the following:

No package xfce-utils available.
No package NetworkManager-gnome available.
No package leafpad available.
No package xfce4-icon-theme available.
Package xfce4-mixer is obsoleted by xfce4-pulseaudio-plugin, trying to
install xfce4-pulseaudio-plugin-0.2.4-4.el7.x86_64 instead
No package xfwm4-theme-nodoka available.

So it would appear that an Xfce desktop install is 'broken' for some
level of brokeness for Centos7.

But interestingly, NetworkManager-gnome is not used by gnome.  It has a
bunch of other NetworkManager rpms.  I also checked Fedora 21 and 24 and
their Xfce desktop does not list NetworkManager-gnome when I do a group
info xfce.  So there is something wrong in the packaging of the xfce
group in Centos7-x64 that Scott provided me...