[CentOS] CentOS 7 cloned VM cannot boot

Fri May 5 21:20:47 UTC 2017
Nikolaos Milas <nmilas at noa.gr>

On 5/5/2017 9:10 μμ, Marcelo Roccasalva wrote:

> xfs_admin -U restore /dev/vdal

Bingo!

I had to unmount the boot partition (being in Troubleshooting mode), run
the above command, which provided a new UUID and at last the partition
was recognized as xfs. (I forgot to copy the output to paste here.)

I then mounted the boot partition again, chrooted, grub2-install'ed
successfully, exited and rebooted.

The VM started booting, seemingly well, but after some time it took me
to emergency mode. ("Give root password for maintenance or type Ctrl-D
to continue.")

I'll have to check that tomorrow... I need some sleep now (it's after
midnight over here - in Athens, Greece).

[Perhaps I should have manually edited /etc/fstab as well to enter the
new UUID?]

Anyway, that was a good progress!  Thanks for your great cooperation.

I'll keep you updated.
Cheers,
Nick