[CentOS] CentOS 7 selinux

Wed May 10 13:38:54 UTC 2017

On Tue, May 09, 2017 at 02:27:27PM -0600, Warren Young wrote:

> Isn’t the correct answer “yes” for every single file under that
> directory?
>
> If it were otherwise, you’d have services continually restarting to
> look for updated settings.  Then because of all the resulting
> inadvertent lock-outs and other failures, you’d have big block
> comments at the top of those files telling you not to save the file
> until you’re sure you want those settings applied immediately.

You say that, but NetworkManager's default setting used to be to
monitor the files in /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ and restart the
network interfaces when you changed the ifcfg-* files.  Thankfully,
now you need to set 'monitor-connection-files=true' in the
NetworkManager.conf to get that 'feature'.

Many times I'd change an IP in the file with vi, save out of muscle
memory before I realize what I've done.