[CentOS] kickstart: dracut-initqueue fails due to unresolvable hostname even though network config looks perfectly ok

Mon May 15 20:05:24 UTC 2017
Frank Thommen <list.centos at drosera.ch>

Hi

On 15/05/17 19:30, Tru Huynh wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Mon, May 15, 2017 at 03:04:03PM +0200, Frank Thommen wrote:
>> This problem still bites us.  I've tried to play around with DHCP
>> settings (rd.net.timeout.dhcp, rd.net.dhcp.retry) to no avail.
>>
>> I'm happy about /any/ hint.
> 1) ip route seems ok, but what does your /etc/resolv.conf looks like?

/etc/resolv.conf is 100% ok once I am in the dracut emergency shell and
name resolution works fine.  However I don't know how it looks at the
time of the error message - that is during dracut-initqueue - and I have
no idea how I could check that.

> 2) could you try with 7.3.1611, 7.2.1511 is no longer supported.

Unfortunateyl not.  Due to special hardware (Infiniband, FPGA) and
special lustre drivers we are currently bound to this specific release.

frank