[CentOS] Best practices for copying lots of files machine-to-machine

Wed May 17 16:14:12 UTC 2017
Nux! <nux at li.nux.ro>

Hi,

Rsync can maintain symlinks, hardlinks and give you a progress report as well; not to mention it can resume interruptions should they occur.

Having said that, even with your space problem, it is possible to use tar to pack files during transfer, on the fly which should be faster than rsync.
Just search for "tar over ssh".

Nux!
www.nux.ro