[CentOS] question about shared samba directory file permissions..

Mon May 22 20:10:54 UTC 2017
Gordon Messmer <gordon.messmer at gmail.com>

On 05/22/2017 12:57 PM, Jason Welsh wrote:
> im trying to set up a shared samba directory for users to use on
> centos 7, but whenever I create a file from the samba client to the
> samba server,
> the owner of the file ends up being the user the share is mounted up as..

That's how SMB works.  Connections are user-oriented.  Everything done
over a given connection is done as the user who authenticated the
connection.

You probably want NFS if you want to trust the client workstations to
identify separate users.