[CentOS] more recent perl version?

Wed May 24 19:58:07 UTC 2017
hw <hw at gc-24.de>

Paul Heinlein schrieb:
> On Wed, 24 May 2017, hw wrote:
>
>> Paul Heinlein schrieb:

>>>  Perl 5.24 is available in SCL, in the centos-sclo-rh repository.
>>>
>> Thanks, I tried rh-perl, and it worked for a test.  It does not replace the existing perl installation.  You have to explicitly use that version.
>
> Not replacing the existing system Perl is a feature, not a bug. It allows the 'Enterprise' side of CentOS to keep going with no unexpected surprises.
>
>> I?m not sure if that?s possible for CGI.  I do get 5.24 after running 'scl enable rh-perl524 bash'.  Is there a way to get that for CGI?
>
> It all depends on how you launch your CGI, but in general there shouldn't be a problem beginning your script with
>
> #!/opt/rh/.../perl

It seems that lighttpd uses the perl version that is assigned in
the configuration while ignoring the LIBRARY_PATH variable set with
mod_setenv, causing the perl version not to find a library it requires.

Even with a shell script as wrapper that sets and exports LIBRARY_PATH,
perl can not find the library.  Trying to set LIBRARY_PATH for lighttpd
through systemd also doesn´t work.

Why is the LIBRARY_PATH always being ignored?  When I run perl from the
shell, it works just fine, so it´s not perl itself ignoring the path.