[CentOS] more recent perl version?

Thu May 25 14:53:43 UTC 2017
James Szinger <jszinger at gmail.com>

On Wed, May 24, 2017 at 6:02 AM, hw <hw at gc-24.de> wrote:

> Ah, yes, that does work.  Sorry, I guess it was signatures rather
> than state.  I´m getting
>

> Feature "signatures" is not supported by Perl 5.16.3 at ...
>

> with CGI scripts.  And who knows what else might cause problems.
>
> The software has been written with perl 5.20.1, which is already
> rather old.

​From perldoc perlsub:

    Signatures
    WARNING: Subroutine signatures are experimental. The feature may be
    modified or removed in future versions of Perl.
​
​And according to perldelta the signature syntax did change between 5.20
and 5.24.  This is bleeding edge.  My perl code is deployed on CentOS, but
I also test it on Fedora to ensure an upgrade path.  ​I think you should
have a talk with your developers or software vendor about the supported
deployment environment and path for perl and system upgrades.