[CentOS] Missing rpms - Re: What is in a yum group

Thu May 25 16:07:14 UTC 2017

On 05/25/2017 11:22 AM, Bowie Bailey wrote:

>>> Xfce is provided by EPEL:
>>>
>>> https://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos/2017-May/164858.html
>>
>> I missed that your two emails pointed to different urls. Thanks. But...
>>
>> Enabling epel does not provide an Xfce group.
>> Enabling epel does not give me the missing rpms.  It does provide
>> both mixer and pulseaudio-plugin, but not the others.
>>
>> So Xfce is still broken at some level of brokeness with C7.
>
> On my rather basic C7 system with epel enabled, I don't see any problems.
>
>     # yum groupinstall "Xfce"
>     Install  20 Packages (+193 Dependent packages)
>
> It did not give any errors and the install list does not mention any
> of the missing packages that you list above.  It works fine with C7.
> There must be some difference with your system.

The group is not on my system.  I am using ClearOS' version of the
Centos repos, so not necessarily a surprise.  And all my other servers
are Centos7-armv7hl, also with no Xfce group.  But the armv7hl repos
have a number of build challenges that we have had to work around...

Can you please run:

yum group info Xfce

and send me the output?