[CentOS] Problem after last Update

Fri May 26 17:36:47 UTC 2017
Jon LaBadie <jcu at labadie.us>

On Fri, May 26, 2017 at 04:54:03PM +0200, Günther J. Niederwimmer wrote:
> Hello,
>
> why it is always a Problem when a kernel, firewall or KVM update is installed ?
>
> I have a system with a server CentOS 7 (last)  and 6 KVM Clients after the
> Update Installation and reboot the most in Network is not functional ?
>
> I lost NIC's and the firewalld change the zone ......
>
> I have always to control is the KVM Clients working ?
>
> Have any a idea what is wrong on my system ?
>
> Thanks for a answer,

No solid answer, I seldom see such an effect.

One possibility, many services have a default config file
installed with the service.  They also may have a "local"
config file that takes precedence if present.  "local"
may be done by location or by a specifice name variation.

If you are configuring your services by modifying the default
config file, it may be overwritten by an update.

jon
Jon H. LaBadie                 jon at jgcomp.com
 11226 South Shore Rd.          (703) 787-0688 (H)
 Reston, VA  20190              (703) 935-6720 (C)