[CentOS] CentOS 6.9, shredding a RAID

Wed May 31 20:23:58 UTC 2017
John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com>

On 5/31/2017 12:46 PM, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:
> Not dealing with "secret", dealing with HIPAA and PII data. And*sigh*
> Homeland Security Theater dictates....

We run all used disks through a shredder before surplusing any systems,
and we are just a manufacturing company dealing with internal corporate
IT stuff.     the shredder is a truck from a 'data destruction' service
that comes every so often and destroys the current inventory of surplus
disks.  A corporate eSecurity officer witnesses this to ensure drives
aren't diverted into the grey market.  each drive goes into the shredder
and comes out as metal filings.