[CentOS] C6, lightweight window managers - opinions?

Wed Nov 8 22:37:50 UTC 2017
Karl Vogel <vogelke at pobox.com>

>> On 11/07/2017 10:37 AM, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:

> So, on my old Netbook, now happily running C6.9, I'm looking for
> opinions for a lightweight window manager. Gnome surely ain't it....

  I'd've been happy to stay with Gnome if whoever wrote metacity hadn't
  broken the function-key mappings.  I use FVWM on Oracle Linux 6.9:

    USER       RSS   STARTED   TIME COMMAND
    vogelke    160    Oct-30   0:00 /usr/local/libexec/fvwm/2.6.7/Fvwm
    vogelke   4248    Oct-30   0:03 /usr/local/libexec/fvwm/2.6.7/Fvwm
    vogelke   5728    Oct-03   1:32 fvwm -s

  Can't get much lighter than that.

--
Karl Vogel                      I don't speak for the USAF or my company

Next time it could be me on the scaffolding.
                                    --written on blackboard by Bart Simpson