[CentOS] Missing /usr/share/perl5 in C7

Wed Nov 29 19:40:52 UTC 2017
Mark Haney <mark.haney at neonova.net>

On 11/29/2017 01:43 PM, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:
> Mark Haney wrote:

>> Any idea what happened?
>
> No idea what could have happened, but if it were me, I wouldn't copy
> anything - I'd yum reinstall instantly. You have no idea what *else* is
> missing.
>
> Thinking about it... you might consider verifying the entire system. Since
> something's missing from initscripts, I'd worry a *lot*.
>
>        mark

Believe me, I am.  Unfortunately and unbeknownst to me, this box has
been in production on the customer side for a couple of weeks now.
I've checked every other box that's been kickstarted for the last month
and none show the same problems.  It's really bizarre.

And as far as the /etc/init.d/functions file goes, C7 doesn't place it
there, it's in /etc/rc.d/init.d/functions, so symlinking to it from
/etc/init.d/ fixed that particular problem.

The weird issue with /usr/share/perl5/ is that there was some files and
directories there, just not everything, so it wasn't completely empty.
I have no real answer to that, though.

But, right now, the box is stable for what it will be doing, and I've
got a production MySQL server to troubleshoot why it's imploded twice
the last two nights after being up for 400 days without trouble.

The joys of dealing with multiple dumpster fires at a time is why I love
(and hate) IT.

--
Mark Haney
Network Engineer at NeoNova