[CentOS] Kickstart ksdevice question

Chris Adams linux at cmadams.net
Wed Nov 1 20:07:50 UTC 2017

Once upon a time, Mark Haney <mark.haney at neonova.net> said:
> On 11/01/2017 03:25 PM, Chris Adams wrote:
> >Once upon a time, Mark Haney <mark.haney at neonova.net> said:
> >>Okay, so it looks like I can simply change ksdevice=eth0  to
> >>bootdev=eth0, correct?
> >I believe you can just leave both off (IIRC for CentOS 6 as well) if you
> >add "ipappend 2" to the pxelinux stanza.
> >
> I probably should have clarified that we're not using PXE and
> probably won't for the forseeable future.  This is just a simple
> netinstall disc/flash drive boot.

Oh, okay.  IIRC at one point there was an option to pick an interface
with link (ksdevice=link or some such), but I don't know if that made it
to the re-designed anaconda...

<wanders off to look at anaconda source>

Yep, still there, but it is also not needed (and actually ignored).  By
default, the first NIC with a link will be used.  This is for some value
of "first" of course, although I do find that the new naming does tend
to match the order of the hardware more often than eth0/eth1/...

--
Chris Adams <linux at cmadams.net>