[CentOS] PHP package versions

Gregory Orange

gregory.orange at pawsey.org.au
Thu Nov 2 07:12:12 UTC 2017

Hi everyone,

http://php.net/eol.php says that PHP 5.5 and 5.4 are EOL, but a freshly installed Centos 7 box, then fully upgraded, gives me PHP 5.4.16-42.el7. What do people do about maintaining current versions of software on a variety of machines? We have some users who manage their own machines, and would rather not force them to jump through hoops of managing repos to get later versions.

I just hope I've missed something straightforward, and that someone here can offer advice.

TIA,
Greg.