[CentOS] HP laptops with CentOS 7?

Gary Stainburn gary at ringways.co.uk
Thu Nov 2 13:48:23 UTC 2017

I've got a HP Envy laptop and I'm fairly happy with it. The internal WiFi
doesn't work with Centos but a £5 WiFi dongle sorted that. Oddly, it still
stops working once the battery drops below 50% ish.

Mine is dual boot with Win8 which is pants. The biggest problem is that
whenever I do much with the config, e.g. when I re-installed centos, the boot
loader doesn't sort properly and I have to fiddle with it.

That's the reason I've not upgraded to Win10.

Video, sound, LAN, etc all work fine straight out of the box.

--
Gary Stainburn
Group I.T. Manager

https://fundraise.cancerresearchuk.org/page/garys-march-march